6 Tips to Make Moving into Your New Home Easier During the COVID 19 Pandemic
Moving into a new home can be both an exciting and challenging experience even in normal times. However, 2021 has been devastating and far from normal, what with the Covid-19 pandemic. If you are moving homes in the middle of this global crisis, then it becomes even more of a challenge. However, there is nothing that cannot be solved with a little bit of planning. Your house move during this time need not be stressful if you keep in mind a few pointers, the most important of which are given below. So take a look and get moving with confidence and peace of mind! Moreover, hiring packers and movers service will help you to move easily and stress freely.
- Stock Up on the New Essentials: There was a time when nobody would have thought of masks or hand sanitizers as ''essentials''' but that is the new normal. This becomes even more important when you are traveling and moving houses. Make sure that you keep a bag in hand that has a good quantity of masks, hand sanitizers, wipes, disinfectants, etc., both for yourself and your loved ones and for your new home. Make sure that this does not get stored in with the rest of your boxes which will get transported by the packers and movers because it might be difficult to find that specific box among all the other boxes. So make sure that these are stored in a separate bag that goes with you at all times. This way, you don't have to go shopping for all these essentials in your new locality. You can be sure that your loved ones, and yourself, stay safe all the time, no matter where you may be.
- Disinfect Your Belongings: Whether you are packing and shifting the boxes yourself or have hired a professional packing and moving company, make sure that all your boxes are sprayed with disinfectant before loading and after unloading. Also make sure that all the surfaces of your new home are disinfected the same way, from the floors to the door and window handles, faucets and taps, tables and chairs, and kitchen countertops. Make sure that hand sanitizers are available for use for any of your domestic helpers or the packing and moving staff. Ensure that everyone wears a mask and is reminded to sanitize their hands at regular intervals. This goes for your family and yourself as well.
- Dispose of Waste Responsibly: It would be in the interest of the community health if the cardboard boxes that have been emptied are disposed of after at least 72 hours. Leave them on your balcony, terrace, or any open space which is not inhabited and then dispose of them in order to ensure that there is no spread of the virus since it is assumed that the coronavirus stays active on cardboard for up to a day.
- Label Everything: It would make your life far easier if you knew exactly what was in each box. It would be best if an A4 sheet of paper was stuck on the top of each card box with a family member or friend designated to list down the major things that went into each box. Also try to categorize your belongings so that there are different boxes for different categories, rather than dumping a mix of things into a box. Labeling and categorizing your belongings makes things easier to find and organize in your new home and will save you a considerable amount of time and keep things stress-free as well. Number your boxes according to the importance of things in each box.
- Pack Boxes According to the Priority of Use: Make a list of things that you would need on a daily basis, especially kitchen utensils and appliances, medicines, clothes, and toiletries. Make sure that those boxes are numbered from 1 onwards and that they are unloaded or delivered first. This will help make your move into your new house easier and help you hit the ground running from day one.
- Insurance and Photographs: Try to take photographs of your most expensive items. Also make sure you have insurance for your belongings, especially transit insurance. This will come in handy if your things get misplaced, lost, or damaged in transit. Photographs will prove that your belongings were in good condition and undamaged before the move.
- Implementing the tips given above during your move will ensure that your move is smooth, hassle-free, and uncomplicated, even if it is in the middle of a pandemic.
Hiring packers and movers in Bangalore will help you out in your shifting completely. You just need to manage your move in a safe manner. Stay Aware. Stay Safe.